There are several reasons having reviews online are beneficial:
- People tend to trust businesses that allow their evaluations to be posted online; whether those ratings are good or bad.
- When people leave reviews on social networking sites, it provides a business with free publicity.
- People pay attention to what other consumers say about a product; and if a review is bad, they will sometimes try to convince themselves why their experience will turn out differently.
- When customers leave feedback on Google+, the business rating on Google increases, so they move up in Google searches.
- Aggregate reviewing sites are increasingly popular.
DID YOU KNOW?
Amazon has been allowing customers to review and publicly post online reviews for more than 20 years.